Testing The Spirits

Testing the spirits to make sure they are of God is an important action for any psychic medium to take. I would even take it a step further and say that information from spirits that is not tested should be disregarded. Do not assume that putting up white light will always take care of everything. Keep in mind that even Jesus himself, was approached by the devil. I learned the hard way, because when I first accepted my abilities, I did not understand that I would need to test the spirits. This lack of testing got me into a very bad relationship situation, which it took years to fully understand or get out of.

In the Bible there is talk of good spirit communication and there is also talk of it being evil that seems to contradict. That is because if we do not keep our own intentions pure and ego free, and always test the spirits who come to us, we could be causing a world of damage to others, without even knowing it. Our good intentions could be used against us, and evil could use us as medium pawns.  As a medium, without testing the spirits, we could think we are helping someone, and yet actually be causing them more damage than we could know.

There are spirits who will say things that may be true, but those spirits could be using those true things to manipulate and hurt the person receiving the readings, so we must always be sure what we are doing is God’s will and in his name.

When I first went through my awakening and finally accepted that I was a medium, all the mediumship abilities I had been blocking off since childhood could be blocked no more. Before that, I could simply pray for spirits to go away, and they would. However, when I came through my awakening, it was made clear to me that God had a plan for me, and I was too follow through.  No longer, would I be allowed to just ignore the spirit world.

After going through my awakening, I was told to find others like myself. I became very involved in both a local church and a metaphysical center, where I learned better to understand that I was in fact, not just a medium, but a psychic, an empath, and a spiritual healer. It was really scary for me to be told by my teachers that I was so advanced that I should be teaching them. I was very new to this stuff and not raised in anything metaphysical. There were family members with abilities on both my maternal and paternal side, but it was kept secret from me for many years.

Please understand that I came into this fresh and new, knowing nothing. It would take years of the spirit world’s teachings, plus trial and error for me to truly earn the gift of discernment, as it is described in the list of spiritual gifts in 1 Corinthians 12 (4-11).

“Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.”

Discerning the difference between a good and evil spirit is so important, but true discernment involves testing them as stated in 1 John 4:1.

“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.”

So, how does one go about testing the spirits, you might ask? Again, the answer is in 1 Corinthians 12 (3).

“Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.”

As in life, so in death, therefore we test the spirits by asking them if Jesus is the Christ and Lord, and if he walked the earth in human flesh. This will not phase a spirit from God, but it will have an effect on negative spirits who are deceptively pretending to be good. These spirits will try to fool us, but the power in that question will either anger a negative spirit, or simply make it leave without another word. When this happens, no matter how nice or beautiful the spirit seems, you know it was not good, and to disregard any words that spirit speaks.

Again, it took many  years to understand these biblical truths. Now, I pray that God’s will be done in the name of Jesus Christ before every reading. When a spirit comes to me out of the blue, I always test them. And yes, there are times where it is indeed a deceptive spirit to be ignored.

We can not fully understand why these negative spirits would do this, but understand that they are the fallen ones. They are jealous of us, because we have a body and the opportunity to learn and grow while on earth, and the opportunity to return home to our loving Heavenly Parents, who wait for our return with open arms. They have lost their way  back, and can never grow or return home. So in anger, they try to stop as many of us from returning as they can as well.

Please, do not be a pawn to these negative spirits. Always test the spirits.

About Psychic Medium Valerie Renee

I am just your average psychic medium, spiritual healer, paranormal investigator, writer, radio host, and, of course, super mom. 2 of my kids are on the autism spectrum, and I have worked in the in the autism community before. Awareness is key.
This entry was posted in Awakening, Bible, Crossing Over, Death, God, Medium, Paranormal, Psychic, Psychic Medium, Psychic Protection, The Other Side and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Testing The Spirits

1. Alex Vasquez says:

I just want to tell you if you know anything about Discerning of the spirit gift …If you know …email me back at the email back

2. am i psychic says:

Helpful info. Lucky me I found your site unintentionally, and I am surprised why this accident did not took place in advance! I bookmarked it.

3. I’m glad to see you follow our lord Jesus. that’s what caught my eye about you, When i was 24 and am now 50, i had a spirit appear in my room it was holy. unlike the spirit that would show up several times before the holy spirit appeared to me. i would like to talk about my exspierience to someone who knows about spirits. what i saw and smelled and felt that night was real, there is a spirit world nothing can change my mind about that i believe in Jesus as my lord and savior. i would like to talk about my exspierience with someone who knows spirits and demons please reply……

4. Spiritual says:

We are admonished to test the spirits behind folk’s actions. We are to judge a tree by its fruit. I want to know what kind of fruit certain people bear……what kind of spirit is behind their ‘ministry’…..these people are Benny Hinn and Richard Roberts, Pat Robertson, Kenneths Copeland and Hagin Jr. What say you ???

• I say, that is not exactly what I was talking about. Of that list, I do believe some are good and some are not so good. As you said, look at the fruits of one’s labors. What i wrote about was about the spirit world though, as I am a medium.

5. Nonkululeko says:

I am so glad that you incorporate the Bible and Jesus in your healing and communicating with spirits. Im struggling to discover my gift though ive been told that im a healer. Im really confused. My late grandfather told me that i was chosen as their ‘Middleman’ (in my dream). Please assist if possible.

6. Amber says:

Valerie,
    How did you experience your “awakening”?? Struggling empath here

• My Awakening is a long story, but it will certainly be included in the book I am writing…Generally speaking though, my awakening was an experience where I could no longer make spirits go away, and they forced me to see the good, bad, and ugly about myself and accept who I was. I had to realize I did not love myself, and therefore had lost some faith that God would protect me. Through what they taught me, I realized I was just as worthy of God’s love as anyone else, and I saw myself as others see me, and saw things as if I was other people. It made me realize we are all one. Final steps in the awakening, involved accepting myself enough to accept the mission God had for me. I could no longer fight that I was a medium. When I accepted that, all the other abilities came in, including empathy…

7. Jodie says:

I am glad I found your site. I have been trying to find out if the spirits that keep trying to talk with me are from God or not. Sometimes they push me and drive me crazy. Trying to make me lessen to them and focus on them. When they appear to me out of the blue I always end up seeing my dads spirit and he is always yelling my name. I have been trying to find someone to talk to about this. Is there anyway you can help me with what is going on? And is it really my dad that I am seeing? Because I believe it is.

8. Fred says:

This is so interesting as my church says to stay away from mediums. But you ask the lord for help. Thats new. I feel so messed up so I did ask a presence if Jesus is lord and it said “Absolutely.” Thanks for this timely advice as i did have bad dreams one night then saw scratch marks on my arm. Have tried doing spells too but that seemed a failure. Glad they were. Will test spirits always. Thanks.

9. Heath says:

It’s remarkable to pay a quick visit this web page and reading the views of all friends concerning this article, while I am also eager of getting know-how.

10. evan says:

its good to see that there are more people out there testing spirits but just know that even if you test spirits what you ask them will make all the difference i used to have all the spirits i talked to say that they acknowledge that Jesus Christ has come into the flesh and its from the bible and there were spirits that got passed and it caused alot of problems for me now i ask them if the come through christ only or if they come through god only do not be fooled negative spirits are not stupid and will use not only your words as away to get to you but your actions because it goes with manifestation if you tell a spirit to leave and it dose not and you jsut give up it will use that to get it again actions speak louder than words

11. Linda Mack Ransom says:

I lost my husband in July 6, 2013. After his death, I have experienced the present of his spirit. He let me know that he is still around me. And that he hasn’t rested yet. Also a week after his death, I returned home from work. I entered our bedroom, and turned on the light and there psalms 23 page was stilling up and the air, as if some one was holding it. The page never fell down flat in the Bible. I read it the night before I went to sleep. So I wondered was he informing me of something. It’s a message, and I can’t figure it out. My husband trying to tell me something. I hope that it is good. I hope that I am doing everything that he asked me to do a week before his death. So what do you think about this spiritual event of mines. Mrs. L. Ransom.

12. Bayonle Akingbule says:

This article is very inspiring , telling us here in 1st Cor12; on how we are so useful and our gifts differs from one another.
    May GOD our eternal Father continually abide with us and help us till we get heaven ; which is our home.
    ST’ANLEY

13. Right here is the perfect blog for anybody who wishes to understand this topic.

You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally would
    want to…HaHa). You certainly put a new spin on a topic
    that has been discussed for years. Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

14. Natalie Livella says:

Thanks so much for putting up this website. I have been a Christian for 30 years and I love Jesus and the Bible. I am very interested in what you have to say. I believe that in these last days God is doing a new thing. Most of the Christian church is against this stuff and I think they are misinterpreting the Bible. How would you answer someone who says that the Bible tells us not to consult mediums?

15. Erika says:

I am conflicted. I am not sure what to make of a life time of events. I hear voices, I catch shadows often, I often know a phone will ring before it does, I often know someone is approaching my home before they knock on the door. I often feel frozen when others are warm and comfortable in my home. I often get goosebumps and feel the presence of something in several different places, I look and no one is there. In my past I’ve heard my name called out and no one is there or have asked nearby family/friends if they called me and no one claims they called me. I have predicting dreams often unclear until some event takes place. I often feel alone and confused because I don’t know who I can ask or talk to about this. Most recently I have had knocking on the walls and windows, of my home a few times in the past weeks. I’m not terrified or in fear but don’t know how to approach this whatever it is. My son(12) also has experiences and can now confirm seeing or hearing the same type of things I have been afflicted with my entire life. I’m a mother of 4 and he is the only one who is this way, like me. I feel like bad. How am I going to help him if I myself can’t explain it or understand it. I try to treat this with a calm and nurturing manner when he does have comments or experiences to share with me. I don’t want him to grow up in fear like I did in my childhood.
    One thing is for sure, when in doubt or spooked I can pray or talk to my deceased grandmother and whatever is happening tends to calm down or stop. If you have any insight or suggestions please get back to me.

Thank you. EM.

16. Hi Erika.

You and your son are clearly undeveloped psychic mediums. It is clear to me that the first step for you is psychic development training. I will soon be offering this locally and may even begin to offer classes online here soon. Give me a call if you are interested. (770)670-0197.

Blessings!